Services for detached houses
Property-specific waste container
Each household must have a waste container which is emptied in urban areas at least every two weeks and in sparsely populated areas at least every four weeks. Properties can also set up a waste container shared by several properties. The shared waste container can be set up by contacting the Etappi customer service and completing the written notification. Waste containers are emptied by a regional contractor. No recyclable or hazardous waste may be placed into the waste container. Such waste must be delivered to an eco point or the waste station.
The collection of biowaste is possible for groups of at least five properties, provided that the biowaste container is located along the waste collection vehicle’s route.
Collection service for large waste items
If required, Etappi collects large items from properties, such as refrigerators, televisions and washing machines. The collection is charged in connection with the regular waste invoice. If the item is subject to a charge, such as a sofa or mattress, the waste handling charge will be added to the invoice. The service can be applied to the collection of 1–5 items.
The eco charge is the annual residence-specific charge. For the eco charge, the waste company offers waste sorting possibilities for municipal residents:
- eco points located in each municipality within the operating area
- waste stations that accept sorted recyclable and hazardous waste free of charge
- battery collection points in connection with shops
- pharmacies that accept medical products and mercury-containing thermometers free of charge
- the eco charge is collected from all households within the operating area of Lakeuden Etappi, and it is invoiced in connection with the regular waste invoice
Eco points accept paper, glass and small metal from households.
Waste stations serve households and companies. Sorted recyclable waste is accepted free of charge from households. Combustible and landfill waste is subject to a separate charge according to our price list. The waste station accepts waste volumes of no higher than 2 m3 (car trailer load). Larger waste volumes are accepted at the Etappi waste management centre in Ilmajoki.